Adding Personality to Any Room Using Prints
Today’s home décor trends are becoming livelier, brighter, and more expressive with neutrals now taking a backseat to more fun and colorful prints. This month, we are featuring the best ways to decorate with prints that will give your home major personality.
What we love about prints
Every home has a personality. Whether you are conscious of it or not, you can size up the homeowner’s design taste just by walking through his or her front door. This year, it’s all about leaving the past behind by breathing new life into our spaces. It’s true that prints add personality and character to a room—but they also create a unique aesthetic that reflects your creative side.
So, what is the key to pulling the look together? The answer is simple: Create a visually pleasing look with a balance of simple prints complemented by intricate designs. If you have shied away from using prints in the past, we encourage you to give them a second chance.
Tips for embracing prints
With spring around the corner, now is a great time to discover the power of prints in your home. Feeling a bit unsure?
Here are some design tips to help create your favorite look:
- Incorporate solids into your design. Solids help create a visual space that breaks up the area while helping to show off your prints even more. Try either selecting a solid color from your favorite print or choosing a complementing color to pull the look together.
- Pair two coordinating looks to create interest. For example, choose your favorite larger pattern to be center stage and pair it with a softer repeating one. The takeaway is to avoid using the same size print or covering the same amount of area.
- Avoid print overload. Using prints throughout the room helps create a beautiful balance, as opposed to focusing on one particular area.
- Begin simply by using throw pillows, area rugs, and blankets. This décor tip is a great way to introduce prints into your home while spicing up the personality in the space. Plus, it gives you the flexibility to switch things up until you find the perfect balance.
- Stripes and geometric patterns work seamlessly with prints. Consider them your design go-to’s. When in doubt—stripes and geometric patterns won’t let you down.
Design inspiration using prints
When it comes to using prints, think outside—as well as—inside. Here are some beautiful ways to incorporate prints throughout your home.
Incorporating prints in your outdoor living décor is easier than you may think. Here, striped throw pillows add just the right pizazz to this comfy outdoor seating area.
If windows are the eyes to your home, then window treatments are the ultimate visual accessory. These beautifully printed curtains add the perfect balance to this stunning room. Our design specialists are ready to help you select the perfect window treatments for your home. Read more about selecting window treatments in our blog, “Choosing Window Treatments: A Guide from Our Specialist.”
When it comes to incorporating prints into your home décor, adding throw pillows is the ultimate “fun factor” for pulling the look together. And the best part? They are available in different shapes, sizes, colors, and patterns to suit even the most eclectic tastes.
We hope our blog has inspired you to take the next step in adding prints to your home décor. We invite you to visit us—either virtually or in-person—at our showroom to explore the many design options that are available. Prints included! You can schedule an appointment at a time that works best for you. And, walk-ins are always welcome. We look forward to hearing from you!
And don’t forget our March Sale is on! Everything in our showroom is on sale, now through March 20th!