Flooring Trends Our Specialists are Loving for 2022
The look of your home can be totally transformed by your floors. It sets the tone of your home. This month, we explore the hottest flooring trends of 2022. From stylish vinyl flooring to vintage rug throwbacks, there is a look and vibe to bring today’s luxe look to your home. Which flooring style suits you? Let’s take a look.
What was popular in 2021 continues to be a big trend for 2022. Lighter and softer shades of wood such as light taupe and driftwood colors are trending as popular hues for this year. And when it comes to design style, you may be surprised to see a look from the past. Although longer boards still dominate the market, it should be noted that formal, narrower boards are making a big comeback. And keep your eye out for exotic species designs. They are making their way back into the flooring spotlight.
Luxury Vinyl Tile
Today’s choices in luxury vinyl tile are nothing short of amazing. This versatile flooring trend is not only beautiful but it’s also waterproof and impact- and scratch-resistant, which makes it the perfect choice for today’s busy lifestyles. And when it comes to looks, luxury vinyl tile beats the competition by offering styles and patterns that complement almost any home décor. Here is a snapshot of today’s latest trends and styles:
- Traditional—Classic style and patterns are available in boards as narrow as four inches wide by 48 inches long.
- Classic European—Available in “flat sawn” grain patterns, this European design is available in boards as a big as 10 inches wide by 84 inches long.
- Herringbone design—Newer wood styles have coordinating herringbone designs, which allow for a more eclectic look.
- Non-wood looks—Marble, slate, and travertine looks are gaining popularity as some of today’s most sought-after styles.
With the new manufacturing technologies now available, there seems to be no limit as to what today’s manufacturers can produce in the luxury tile vinyl category.
“Bigger is better” is the motto of today’s tile customer, as size and sophistication dominate the market. Here are some of today’s most popular looks and trends for flooring tile:
- Porcelain Floor tile—Slate, concrete, and textile designs are trending over the once popular look of wood.
- Marble tile—Dolomite and Thassos are gaining popularity over Carrara and Calacatta.
- Mosaic tile—Herringbone, chevrons, and basketweaves remain traditional and timeless favorites.
- Abstract modern—These eccentric looks continue to be embraced by the most daring clients and designers.
Rugs and Carpets
Where designing a cozy space is concerned, designers turn to area rugs and carpeting to create the ultimate comfort zone. With today’s amazing rug and carpet trends, you have the best of both worlds when it comes to selecting the best look for your home. Whether you’re looking for an out-of-the-box design or a more nostalgic look, today’s rug and carpet trends have something for everyone.
- Chunky, braided look—If casual-chic is the look you’re going for, a chunky, braided rug is the perfect choice. Like a chunky knit sweater, this style provides touch-worthy texture and coziness to your space.
- Ombre—Ombre rugs are all about color. With their beautiful fading characteristics, these types of rugs are the perfect addition to liven up any space where you need a pop of color. They are also perfect for stair runners.
- Abstract—Abstract rugs make the ultimate design statement. These customized works of art bring luxury, style, and sophistication to any room in your home. After all, it’s all about creating a one-of-a-kind look that’s all about you and your unique style.
- Traditional—What’s old is new again as the traditional look is now considered vintage. (And designers are loving it!) With faded and distressed patterns and colors, these traditional—or vintage—rugs are making a statement in rooms throughout the home.
We hope our blog has inspired you to elevate the look of your home. Whether you’re looking to add the beauty and versatility of luxury tile vinyl to your space or create a comforting and cozy vibe with carpeting or an area rug, we can help you make your design dreams a reality.
See a look that you love? A Country Carpet expert will be more than excited to work with you in helping to choose the perfect look for your home design. You can schedule an appointment at a time that works best for you. And walk-ins are always welcome. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you on your project.